Aging & Disability
As the dedicated Area Agency on Aging (AAA), Waccamaw Regional Council of Governments exists to provide services and resources to seniors and their caregivers in the Waccamaw Region. The AAA offers the support many senior residents need to continue living comfortable, high-quality lives in their own homes for as long as possible.
WRCOG also serves as the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) for the region. The ADRC works to improve awareness of and access to resources and services for seniors, adults with disabilities and caregivers. To view the Resource Directory, click on the link: Aging-Disabilities Resource Directory 2 Update.
- Support, information, education and small grants to family caregivers.
- Health insurance counseling.
- Seeking to improve the quality of life and care of those residing in nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Creating connections between community services and those in need of assistance.
- No-cost transportation services.
The agency works with providers to deliver services such as congregate dining programs, home-delivered meal programs, transportation and homemaking programs.
Our providers are: