The Workforce Development Department operates three full-service SC Works Centers located in Conway, Georgetown, and Kingstree. SC Works Centers are user friendly facilities which provide employers access to trained workers in the region. To register a business, post jobs, and review resumes, visit SC Works.
Employers Services include:
- Access to pre-screened job applicants and online resumes
- On-the-Job Training services
- Job/career/hiring events and fairs
- Pre-employment training to help the unemployed and underemployed learn skills necessary to fill specific high-demand jobs in their communities
- On-the-job training, during which the Workforce Investment Act reimburses employers for a portion of a trainee’s wages
- On-site transition services and information for employees affected by layoffs or a company closing
SC Labor Market Information (LMI) – Employment statistics, job forecasts, wages, demographics, and other labor market information is available to help employers, public and private organizations, and researchers better understand today’s complex workforce.
Rusty Gaskins, Business Services Manager