The Workforce Development Department operates three full-service SC Works Centers in located in Conway, Georgetown, and Kingstree. SC Works Centers are user friendly facilities which provide employers access to trained workers in the region.
Employers Services include:
- Access to pre-screened job applicants and online resumes
- On-the-Job Training services
- Job/career/hiring events and fairs
- Pre-employment training to help the unemployed and underemployed learn skills necessary to fill specific high-demand jobs in their communities
- On-the-job training, during which the Workforce Investment Act reimburses employers for a portion of a trainee’s wages
- On-site transition services and information for employees affected by layoffs or a company closing
For additional information regarding services for Employers, please contact a representative from our WIOA Business Services Team by calling (843)546-8581 or visit the WIOA website at www.waccamawworks.org.
Contact WIOA Business Services
Rusty Gaskins, Business Services Manager
SC Works Centers
Employers may obtain additional information by visiting any one of our three convenient SC Works site locations within the Waccamaw region:
SC Works Website
Employers may also want to visit the SC Works website to register a business, post jobs, and review resumes.
Labor Market Information (LMI)
Employment statistics, job forecasts, wages, demographics, and other labor market information is available to help employers, public and private organizations, and researchers better understand today’s complex workforce. The Labor Market Information (LMI) Department of the SC Department of Workforce and Economic Development collects, analyzes, and disseminates this data in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Data is available by employment escorts for different areas of the state.
For More Information Click Here:
SC Labor Market Information